When ordering Grating be sure to specify:
- Type of grating.
- Depth and thickness of bearing bars.
- Direction in which bars are to run (span). See illustrations.
- Dimensions of area or areas to be covered.
- Allowable tolerance (unless otherwise specified, our standard 1/4″ will apply.).
- Type of anchors required.
- Mill, painted or galvanized finish.
- Shipping instructions.
- Submit sketch of area to be covered, showing supporting structures, etc.
- Grating is available with serrated bearing bars when specified.
- Wherever unusually slippery conditions prevail, such as oil or grease spills or icing conditions, serrated grating is recommended.
- All rectangular-bar grating is available with tops of bearing bars serrated when so ordered.
- Pressure-lock grating is normally supplied with serrated bearing bars; cross bars are not serrated.
- Standard serrations are punched into bars before fabrication. Forming cutouts approximately 1/8″ deep on 1/2″ centers. Protruding lands offer a sure grip for most footwear.
Standard Installation Clearances